Choose a fundraising activity:
Participate in a marathon, triathlon, cross-country running, bike race etc.:
When you are ready to start, simply choose an event, such as a marathon, in which you would like to participate. Races often offer a great variety of distances to run or walk, including 5ks, 8ks, 10ks, 15ks, half marathons, full marathons, trail and cross country races. Be mindful that for popular marathons, registration fills up quickly, so it is best to make sure to register early.
Running not your thing? Then choose a fun challenging activity:
Choose a challenging activity but one that you would have fun doing! We trust your creativity! We encourage you to create your own style of racing “in” a marathon. Your personal marathon may be:
26 miles of walking golden retrievers!
26 miles of knitting!
26 miles of classic cars, or even
26 miles of books!.
Participants: it is easy to set up a personalized fundraising webpage!
- Participants may want to create a personalized online fundraising page. We recommend Firstgiving for the ability to set-up a personalized fundraising page to support IMBCR.
- Firstgiving provides participants the ability to email friends, family, and colleagues who may want to donate by credit or debit card through a secure online transaction.
- Participants may write a personal message, upload a main picture, set a fundraising goal and date to close the page.
- At the completion of the fundraiser, Firstgiving sends a check to IMBCR.
- Visit IMBCR’s dedicated page at: http://www.firstgiving.com/23287 to get started!
To begin to build a sponsor list, participants are encouraged to reach out to family, friends, co-workers, people who are in the same community, civic or religious group, along with anyone else who may want to make a donation. Sending out a letter or email to your sponsors is a great way to announce your marathon to support IMBCR and share your fundraising goal. Encourage your sponsors to donate what they can – all donations, no matter how small, will make a difference!
Get the word out!
Firstgiving provides sample fundraising letters for inspiration and tips on how to get the word out. Additionally, we encourage you to take a look at samples of personal fundraising letters for IMBCR attached below that have been used in the past: Marathon Letter sample | Bike Race Letter Sample | Triathalon Letter Sample
We thank your sponsors for their donation:
At the completion of your fundraiser, IMBCR will send a formal letter to each of your sponsors thanking them for their donation for setting up the bike race. As a small, nonprofit we do not have a large advertising budget and rely on donations.
All donations are tax-deductible – Tax ID 46-0475333
We can’t wait for you to join our team at IMBCR and we thank you for dedicating your valuable time, efforts, and energy to this cause!