So Many Ways to Give
You Can Help Myeloma & Other Cancer Patients Every Day! So Many Ways to Give
Patients and their families are so thankful for your support. Every amount donated helps fund research to find better treatments to help cancer patients live longer, and ultimately to find a cure for multiple myeloma and its related diseases.
1. There is No Cure...YET
- In the U.S. 40,000+ patients will be diagnosed with multiple myeloma and its related diseases this year, and there is currently no cure.
- Importantly, many of the current treatments are not well tolerated by patients because they may negatively affect many other parts of the body.
- IMBCR’s laboratory is working on a novel genetic approach that has the potential to cure patients without side effects.
2. We’re Finding New and Better Treatments
- Our donor-sponsored researchers have recently discovered a new type of groundbreaking treatment (JAK Inhibitors) with immune-boosting potential that is not only effective but safe and very well tolerated by patients. New clinical trials are now underway with promising early results for patients with myeloma, other types of cancer, auto-immune diseases, and other immune compromised disorders.
- We’re also finding ways to make existing myeloma therapies more effective through our research on many other classes of new drugs with anti-myeloma effects in our laboratory.
3. A New Blood Marker to Predict Outcomes and Monitor Myeloma and Other Cancer Patients
- Thanks to your support, our research team has discovered a revolutionary blood marker called sBCMA that lets physicians build more customized treatment plans for patients with myeloma, other types of cancer, auto-immune diseases, and immune compromised disorders.
- sBCMA also identifies treatments that are not working much quicker than other tests! Patients can change their therapy faster and save time from continuing ineffective therapy. This will spare cancer and other immune compromised patients from side effects and the expense of medicines that may not be right for them.
4. Your Donation May Have Double the Impact
- Many employers match employee donations. Double your gift to help extend the lives of myeloma and other immune compromised patients.
- Check here to see if you’re eligible.
Thanks to donors like you, IMBCR’s research helps myeloma patients Live Better and Live Longer.
“There is no doubt in my mind that my treatment success is related to the groundbreaking work at IMBCR,” Richard G., MD “Most of the time I actually forget I have anything wrong with me! I’m hopeful every day that sometime in the near future Dr. Berenson will announce that the battle has been won,” Roger T.
“Please know that there are amazing doctors, researchers and scientists working hard at IMBCR to rid the world of multiple myeloma,” Stephen B. & Susan B.